Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Skill Check! -d20 Plush-


A couple of weeks ago, I was playing Dungeons and Dragons with some friends of mine. For our first encounter- I was up first, playing a wizard. And being a wizard, I pull out my crossbow, of course, to shoot at the creature before us. XD Preform a skill check- rolled a natural twenty. XD

I rolled THREE other natural twenties that evening. Another guy rolled two. It was just a good night for all of us.

I thought it’d be fun make a plush D20. Plus, if you throw this D20 when a skill check doesn’t go the way you want it to, it won’t hurt anything... or anyone. XD


I based the plush off Evil Mad Scientist's "d20 Handbag of Holding". Link
I used their "large pattern". If you are looking at the pattern, you'll notice there are two different sized triangles for the stiffener pads. I only made one size of triangle.



I made my own stiffener pads by attaching interfacing and heavy weight quilt batting with Loctite general performance spray adhesive.


I used very thin beads of hot glue around the corner of the stiffener pads to attach them to the felt pieces.



I found an old stencil in my main floor craft shelf. It worked pretty well for painting on numbers! I had to wash the stencil in between each number though, otherwise the paint would make too much of a mess.

I'm sorry to say- I lost the pictures I took while sewing the pieces together. I'm very sorry. But how I sewed it together was simple. I used a print-and-fold dice as a guide. Link It took focus, but it really was not hard. Then, I simply stuffed it like you'd stuff any other plushie. XD


The crazy thing- my DM was over to hang out yesterday after I finished this.
He picked it up, rolled, and got a thirteen.
I picked it up, rolled, and got a twenty.
XD

No comments:

Post a Comment