Sunday, December 16, 2012

Simple Gifts

(This post is going up a week late! Sorry!)

So let's just say that this weekend did not go as planned.

A couple months ago, Kareshi and I planned on him coming up to my university this weekend to celebrate his birthday. This past week, he ended up getting very sick and the trip had to be canceled. It was hard not be upset, but this was clearly something out of his control- it's not his fault he was ill, and I'm pretty sure he would have done anything to feel better. I texted one of my roommates because I was feeling down about the situation and I didn't want to stress Kareshi out by telling him about it. When I got back to my dorm that afternoon...


... one of my roommates had sticky-noted my desk with little encouragements!



This one was posted until the calendar that's counting down to when we get to go home for Christmas. I can't wait- we really are so close!


We share an obsession with bunnies. XD

My day was totally made. It was such a great surprise! On Saturday, we made the cookies she talks about in one of the sticky notes. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful roommate.

Even though this weekend was nothing like how I thought it would be, it still was pretty awesome.

Also: I got my purple belt!


No comments:

Post a Comment