Monday, February 13, 2012

Hearthstone Cookies

Find your way home with these Hearthstone sugar cookies!


My ex-boyfriend and I are quite close friends. With Valentine's Day coming up, I thought it'd be rude to ignore the day, but we're not together anymore, so it's not meant to be a big deal. He and I are hanging out this weekend, so I decided I'd make him some "Hearthstone" cookies. Here's my test-run of the recipe- I'll make his actual batch on Saturday. I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog (I'd be shocked if he does!) so I thought it'd be okay if I went ahead and posted this.

The original recipe is from The Food Network. It can be found here.
Ingredients:
2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup softened butter
1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Blue Sugar Sprinkles

Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set it aside for later.

In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla.

Blend in the dry ingredients. Add milk so the dough is soft, but not sticky or wet.

Now comes the experimentation part. It took me a couple times to get the sizing right for the cookies. I accidentally made a couple of huge cookies. And the swirls on some of them look like squirrels made them.


Basically, I scooped the dough on the cookie sheet and mushed it into a circle with my hand. Then, I used my stencil-template-thingy to make the swirl with sprinkles.


Bake them for 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.


They turned out pretty good! A lot better than the Spock cookies! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment