Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Planeswalker's Satchel


I've been working on this for a while, and I am very happy that it's finished!


It can hold two 75-card decks (in sleeves).


It was pretty simple to make! It just took quite some time. Lots of gluing and drying and gluing and drying.


I started with a wooden frame constructed from scrap wood.



I found a ton of vinyl on the remnants rack at JoAnn for $3.33! It was perfect for covering the frame. The vinyl was glued on in layers, allowing each layer to dry for 24 hours before adding the next. I don't have pictures of the last steps because my memory card was full and I completely forgot about it until today. XD


2 comments:

  1. Nice DIY project. And seems pretty easy one at that. Come to think of it, I haven't done any carpentry stuff since the second year in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Thanks! Yes- it was pretty easy! It was nice because, with my schedule right now, I don't have three hours to just sit down and make something. With this, I could do 10 minutes of work, let it dry, and then when I have another free moment, work on it a little more.

      Delete